If you have a power outage at your home or business follow these steps:
- Check to see if your circuit panel or fuse box has tripped or blown a fuse. If it has tripped, reset the breaker or replace the blown fuse.
- Check the disconnect on the outside just below your meter base. (Not all buildings have an outside disconnect – mainly mobile homes.)
- Check with neighbors to see if they have power.
- Turn off all household appliances, computers, televisions, and air conditioning and heating units, etc. When power is restored, turn on items one at a time.
- In the event of a power outage please call Black River Electric Cooperative at (803) 469-8060 or after 5:00 p.m. or weekends call 1-844-431-BREC (2732).
- When calling, please be prepared to provide us with the exact name as listed on your Black River account, your account number or your actual service location address along with a current working phone number. After power has been restored to your area, Black River employees may contact you to verify that your lights are back on.
- Also, leaving your porch light on will help restoration crews verify that your power has been restored.
- Check out all area outages here: https://outages.ecsc.org/outages/maps