Black River Electric Cooperative is monitoring the current weather situation and working with local and state offices to stay on top of the latest information. We have crews prepared just in case we experience any outages during the winter storm. We will also assist other cooperatives in case of an emergency.
We will update our Facebook page as more information becomes available. If you experience an outage, please call 1-844-431-BREC (2732).
As always, service is second only to safety. In the event of a power outage, please take the following precautions:
• Use flashlights, not candles.
• To avoid an electrical surge, when power returns, turn off and unplug all unnecessary electronics.
• Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible.
• STAY AWAY from all downed power lines!!! Report downed power lines to your electric company and please keep children and pets away from the area.
• Don’t use a generator indoors or in other enclosed areas such as garages or basements.
• Place generators away from doors, windows and vents.